What do I do if I get a new phone and lose my two-factor authentication?
Two factor authentication is a security measure used across the site to protect ourselves and others from security issues. However, if you buy a new phone or lose your old one, chances are you will lose your two factor authentication. If you are having this problem, use the following steps to find out how you can change the device which has your current Google Authenticator codes on.
1) To set up your old two-factor authentication codes on your new phone, start by logging into your Google Account.
2) At the top, in the navigation panel, select Security.
3) Under “Signing in to Google” tap 2-Step Verification. You might need to sign in.
4) Under ‘”Available second steps” find “Authenticator App” and tap Change Phone.
5) Follow the on-screen steps.